CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Drunk Driving? Big no-no

Okay, I read this in my inbox. My friend sent it to me. I really think all kids should read this. Drink driving, no matter how "cool" is a terrible thing. copy it and send it to your friends. you could save a life.




'Somebody Should Have Taught Him'
> >
> >Retold by: Jane Watkins,
> >
> >'Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul'

> >I went to a birthday party,

> >And remembered what you said.

> >You told me not to drink at all,

> >So I had a Sprite instead.

> >I felt proud of myself,

> >The way you said I would,

> >That I didn't choose to drink and drive,

> >Though some friends said I should.

> >! I knew I made a healthy choice and,

> >Your advice to me was right,

> >As the party finally ended,

> >And the kids drove out of sight.

> >I got into my own car,

> >Sure to get home in one piece,

> >Never knowing what was coming,

> >Something I expected least.

> >Now I'm lying on the pavement,

> >And I hear the policeman say,

> >'The kid that caused this wreck was drunk.'

> >His voice seems far away.

> >My own blood is all around me,

> >As I try hard not to cry.

> >I can hear the paramedic say,

> >'This girl is going to die.'

> >I'm sure the guy had no idea,

> >While he was flying high,

> >Because he chose to drink and drive,

> >That I would have to die.

> >So why do people do it,

> >Knowing that it ruins lives?

> >But now the pain is cutting me,

> >Like a hundred stabbing knives.

> >Tell sister not to be afraid, Mom

> >Tell daddy to be brave,

> >And when I go to heaven,

> >Put 'Daddy's Girl' on my grave.

> >Someone should have taught him,

> >That it's wrong to drink and drive.

> >Maybe if his mom and dad had,

> >I'd still be alive.

> >My breath is getting shorter,

> >I'm getting really scared.

> >These are my final moments,

> >And I'm so unprepared.

> >I wish that you could hold me Mom,

> >As I lie here and die.

> >I wish that I could say,

> >I love you and good-bye.

0 comments: